Perhaps the most common kick in the martial arts, the round kick (or roundhouse kick) still presents many challenges. In this short video tutorial, Sifu David Ross uses his 30 years of teaching experience to break down the basics, explain not only how the kick is thrown correctly but WHY. He also presents defense and counters. A relatively short tutorial, it still covers a lot of information including;
- Two methods of throwing the kick
- How to throw the kick without getting punched in the face!
- The four targets for the kick
- Drills to train the kick
- The most popular (and effective) defense
- The most popular (and effective) counter attack
Author, educator, combat sports coach and martial arts master; David A Ross has helped the public better understand real martial arts An adopted disciple of the late master Chan Tai-San, one of China’s national treasures, David has over three decades teaching and coaching experience, both champion fighters and regular people who just want to achieve their goals.