New Martial Revolution Seminar Series
Power generation, body conditioning, solo drills and the "Wellness Connection"
Over a two day seminar July 2018, Sifu David Ross introduced the basic concepts of the "New Martial Revolution"; that the common ideas about martial arts and the commonly cited divisions within them are all artificial.
In the process of teaching proper power generation, referencing many martial arts such as Xingyi Quan (and their "five fists" to learn vectors of force), Sifu Ross explained how attributes such as mobility need to be developed for and are developed by such practices.
In looking at the traditional "Lihn Gung" exercises used by fighters of old to train their bodies, Sifu Ross asks "which came first"? Did Fighters adopt "wellness exercises" to help develop their martial skills or did people notice that developing martial skills had the additional benefits of "wellness"? Neither? Both?
Seminar includes (approximately 45 minutes)
- proper generation of power in straight punching
- "Drop step" or "force step" in straight punching
- Developing power in uppercuts (Paau Ging)
- The wheeling body concept in the pivot hook
- The other "hooks" and their relationship to Chinese martial arts footwork theory
- Practical demonstration on the heavy bag
- Chris Jurak explaining the hidden aspects of the Gam Gong Lihn Gung
- Floor movement for mobility and martial application
- Wheeling body, North-South Axis and Seven Star footwork in practical terms
AND MUCH MUCH MORE
Author, educator, combat sports coach and martial arts master; David A Ross has helped the public better understand real martial arts An adopted disciple of the late master Chan Tai-San, one of China’s national treasures, David has over three decades teaching and coaching experience, both champion fighters and regular people who just want to achieve their goals.